What's New in ScorePost?
ScorePost is available for download on the
Bonus Software page.
[2017-03-02] Change in ScorePost 3.12:
- Remove mention of precisely how BridgeComposer "Check Score Data"
displays results, since this changed in BridgeComposer 5.63.
[2016-03-06] Key features and bug fixes in ScorePost 3.11:
- Confirm Posting: Hand Records column auto-fill: Search all folders that have been used previously to attach hand records.
- New menu command: View→Hand Record Folders.
- Index→Browse Website Index Page:
- Fix: Check for Setup required.
- Fix: Avoid hang if file not found.
- Fix: Identify Score File dialog: Would not allow empty section (for team games).
- Fix: Posting team games: Infer session time (Morning, Afternoon, or Evening) from filename.
- Fix: Session time (Morning, Afternoon, or Evening) missing from index
page links to team games.
- Fix: Index→Index Website: Avoid traversing the "download board" folders.
[2015-10-06] Key features and bug fixes in ScorePost 3.9:
ScorePost 3.9 requires BridgeComposer 5.53.1
- New menu command: Index→Edit Index.
- New menu command: Index→Browse Website Index Page.
- New menu command: View→Upload Progress Bar. (Caution: May cause uploads to fail on Windows 8.1. Seems to work OK with other Windows, including 7 and 10.)
- Automatically refresh all webpages to be sure the most recent version is displayed.
- View→Logfile, View→Source, [View File] button: New toolbar to search for text strings.
- Improve the "Identify Score File" dialog.
- Help topics: Use, rather than avoid, the serial comma.
- Setup/Computer: New option: "Alert when the hand record field is not filled".
- Setup/Computer: New options to invoke BridgeComposer "Check Score Data". (This detects potential scoring errors.)
- Fix: After a fresh install, the message "ProgramData.bin was not found" could occur.
- Fix: Installer sometimes installed program files in the "C:\" folder, rather than the intended folder.
- Fix: First index page of multi-page index: List events up to eight days from first event listed (rather than from current date).
- Fix: When ScorePost prompted for a score file date, the date was not displayed in the index listing.
- Fix: If a score file with manually-entered date was reposted, it might have been uploaded to the wrong subdirectory and not correctly indexed.
- Fix: Avoid having multiple instances of ScorePost running at the same time.
- Fix: Posting warnings that are not displayed (because of a previous reply of "Yes to All") should still be logged.
[2014-01-14] Fix in ScorePost 3.8.3:
- Fix: A bad text file could result in a "The parameter is incorrect" failure during indexing.
[2013-10-24] Fix in ScorePost 3.8.2:
- Fix: Upload to BridgeWebs crashes ScorePost (regression in 3.8).
[2013-10-22] Fixes in ScorePost 3.8.1:
- Fix: FTP upload does not work on Windows 8.1. (Unfortunately, with
this workaround, ScorePost can no longer display a "progress bar" for
- Fix: "Identify Score File" dialog: [View File] button does not work for local files.
[2013-10-15] Key features and bug fixes in ScorePost 3.8:
- Confirm Posting dialog: "Help" button and topic.
- Confirm Posting dialog: Checkbox control that checks or unchecks all items.
- Confirm Posting dialog: Option to automatically fill the Hand
Records column (if a systematically-named hand record file exists).
- Posting-warning message boxes ("already posted", "more than four hours old"): "Yes to All"
button; "Help" button.
- New command: View→History.
- During startup, log the program version number.
- Fix: A message box, stating "No error occurred", appears when more than about 500 files are in the GAMEFILE directory.
[2013-05-21] Key features in ScorePost 3.7:
- Multipage index: Reformat the "Older results" index page. (See
http://atlantaduplicatebridgeclub.com/game_resultsByMonth.htm for a
- Support BridgeComposer 5.43 "Download board" links in generated HTML files.
- Allow attachment of hand record files in .bri format.
- File "Open" and "Save As" dialogs: Enable dialog resizing on Windows XP
- Logfile: Log additional information if an error occurs.
- Specify the "type=" attribute for hand record download links.
- Enable an additional .exe security feature: Address space load randomization.
- Apply digital signatures to the .msi and .exe files.
- Help topics: Clarify, in the first topic, that ScorePost requires FTP access to the web server.
- Help topics: Change references to the BridgeComposer command "Import From ACBLscore" to "Import Score Data".
[2013-03-21] Bug fix in ScorePost 3.6.3:
- Fix: ScorePost 3.6.2 was displaying "version 3.6.1" in its About box.
[2013-03-21] Bug fix in ScorePost 3.6.2:
- Fix: For BridgeComposer 5.41, the version number was being retrieved as
0.0. Get the correct BridgeComposer version number.
[2012-07-11] Bug fixes in ScorePost 3.6.1:
- Fix: Display an explicit status message when waiting on
BridgeComposer, in case BridgeComposer needs operator attention.
- Fix: The "Upload to subdirectories" Setup option was not working for
- Fix: Index Website was not working if the Score File Template Filename
had extension .html rather than .htm.
[2012-05-12] Key features and bug fixes in ScorePost 3.6:
- New Setup option to create a multipage index (recent results web page plus
one web page for each month of results). See
http://atlantaduplicatebridgeclub.com/game_results.htm for a sample.
- New Setup option to upload files to a subdirectory (by year and month) of
the Score File Directory.
- Setup: Display the parameter sections using tabs.
- Limit the logfile size to about 2 megabytes, by discarding older entries
as needed. Relocate the logfile to the common application data folder.
- The install option for "Just Me" has been removed. See
Multiple Versions Problem for details, but
substitute "ScorePost" where it says "BridgeComposer".
- Use the BridgeComposer /quiet option to avoid "No TS score data found"
- Support UTF-8 encoding in template files.
- Index→Index Website command: Show, in the status message, that the File→Cancel command
may be used.
- Fix: The message "Setup: Changes saved" was being issued even when the
changes were canceled.
- Fix: After initial install, ScorePost may have complained that
BridgeComposer was not installed or licensed even if it actually was.
[2010-09-01] Key features and bug fixes in ScorePost 3.5:
- Setup option for active vs. passive FTP mode.
- Setup option to rebuild index by scanning website after all posting
- Setup option to convert and link to hand records in PDF format (adds an
optional new [PDF] link to the index page).
- Change the optional index page [Hand Records] link to be [PBN], [DLM],
[DUP] or [LIN] (depending on the supplied format).
- Template file marker lines: ignore leading and trailing white space.
- Fix crash when a template file is not found on the web server.
- Avoid starting up as a tiny window in the upper left of the screen.
- Ensure that the .ssu file association is set during install.
- Extract the section letter properly from LIST (F8) ACBLscore reports.
- Check that a compatible version of BridgeComposer is installed.
[2010-07-01] Key features and bug fixes in ScorePost 3.4:
- Support for the www.bridgewebs.com
bridge club web hosting service.
- ScorePost now requires that BridgeComposer be
installed and licensed (30-day free trial license applies).
- Option to upload hand record files (.pbn, etc.) and link to them.
(Caution: may require web server configuration change -- see the Help file).
- New Setup option: Oldest [date] To Index.
- Format TS data into BridgeComposer Score Tables even when there is no
hand record file and no wireless scoring device file.
- Fix upload stalling until you wiggle the mouse.
- Allow hand records in .dlm format.
- Remember the last hand record file type used, and select it next time.
- Enable F1 to bring up Help in Setup.
- Setup: Log details of all changes made.